Our Commitment to COVID Safety
COVID Safe Information for the AMC National Test Centre
The Australian Medical Council (AMC) is committed to prioritising the safety and wellbeing of team members, stakeholders, clients, and our communities.
The following information outlines the AMC's approach to providing a COVID-Safe environment at the National Test Centre (NTC). The information applies to any person who enters the NTC including, but not limited to, staff, contractors, visitors and exam participants.
All persons entering the NTC must have completed their primary course (at least two doses) of vaccination against COVID, with the last shot being administered a minimum of two weeks before the date of entry. All vaccinations must be recognised by the Australian government. Evidence of vaccination status will be required before attending 300 La Trobe St.
The following Australian government issued vaccination status documentation will be accepted:
- Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation Statement
- COVID-19 Digital Certificate
- International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Vaccination Record Card
The following methods of verification will be accepted:
- Vaccination Certificate linked through Service Victoria App
- Vaccination Certificate linked through another Australian State or Territory App
- Digital or Printed International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
Any candidate attending an examination without proof of vaccination will forfeit their examination fee.
Current approved and recognised vaccines and dosages are outlined on the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) website
Persons vaccinated in countries outside of Australia will be able to present certificates in formats that meet the following criteria:
- Issued by a National or State/provincial level authority or an accredited vaccination provider
- Written in English or accompanied by a certified translation
Containing at a minimum:
- name as it appears in the travelers passport or other photographic identification
- either the date of birth or passport number
- the vaccine brand name and
- the date of each dose or the date on which a full course of vaccination was completed
The AMC NTC has established a set of COVID-Safe protocols. All NTC attendees are required to wear a face mask while on site. Protocols are informed by but are not necessarily the same as the Victorian Government Guidelines.
The AMC COVID Safe Workplace Policy is informed by the Victorian Government Guidelines and is reviewed by the AMC periodically.